Wednesday 1 February 2012

Easel card and matching bag - Birthday Set

Hello again :)

Today I have a birthday set to share.  The little girl  die cut is from Lili of the Valley and I inked around the edges with distress ink and matted it on MME 'So Sophie' paper.  In the photo the paper looks very brown but in reality it has a pinky /purple tinge. The flowers are Prima e-line and the felt leaves are Making Memories.


I don't make easel cards very often, mainly because I don't know where to put a verse or message!  For this one though, I added eyelets, tied string through both and tucked the little tag under - if that makes sense!



The matching bag is the same cutting file from My Time Made Easy, that I used to make the Christmas bags.  If you don't have a cutting machine you can buy the file in pdf format and cut it by hand.  I made the matching card box by cutting 2 sheets of A4 card to size and scoring them with my Groovy Duo scoring board.


I added lots of rolled flowers - I love making these and once I get started it's hard to stop!  They are made by cutting a rough circle with scissors, cutting it into a spiral and rolling it up from the outside to the centre.  Finish the end with a spot of glue to hold it all together.


I was at a patchwork class on Saturday learning to how make a flannel quilt.  When I was getting ready to go that morning, Caleb saw my material sitting on the table and asked, 'Oh are you making an old fashioned quilt today?'........ I think I'd rather call it 'rustic' :)

Thanks for joining me today and see you soon :)
Sarah x

I'm entering this in the Divas by Design Challenge - Anything goes

8 comments:

Ruth said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. I love the way you've added the sentiment on the easel card - must remember that!
The box and bag set are really classy looking. The colours are beautiful and the little bit of texture is great.
Ruth x
PS I was talking to Christine D last night x

Jayne A said...

Beautiful collection. Your card is beautiful and I love the gift bag set.

Thank you for joining us at Diva's by Design this week.

Hugs

Jayne
x

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, fabulous easel card and love that bag!
Helen x

Jenny said...

I don't make many easel cards either for the same reason! Your birthday set is beautiful...I love the colours and the rolled roses, you are good making your own I'm afraid I cheat with a die :0)
Jenny x

Joey said...

Sarah these are stunning, your card is beautiful, I absolutely love the little bag! Joey x

Vicky Hayes said...

Sarah you are full of amazing ideas like the little tucked-under tag detail here on your easel card! I love the bag and box too - your gifts are perfect little works of art. Isn't Caleb a hoot! Have a lovely weekend, Vicky x

Laney said...

wow Super projects Sarah!! thanks for joining us this time at Diva's would love to see you next week too
hugs
laney

Anonymous said...

Superb as always Sarah!
xx